Book Review – Every Woman’s Quick & Easy Car Care – DIY
Every Woman’s Quick & Easy Car Care
My Ranking: 10
Price: New from $28.72, Used from $0.96
Owners: Bridget Kachur
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC (May 1, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580174515
- ISBN-13: 978-1580174510
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.7 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- #1776 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Transportation > Owner’s Manuals & Maintenance Guides
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,851,111 in Books
- #2988 in Books > Engineering & Transportation > Automotive > Repair & Maintenance
“Spark plugs? Fan belts? Alternators? Flat tire? Help! When it comes to auto mechanics, many women feel uneducated, unqualified, or just plain incapacitated. We simply get behind the wheel and drive; when the car starts making odd noises or refuses to start, we’re forced to call for help. We entrust our cars to the hands of oil-spattered mechanics and hope for the best.” – Bridget Kachur
“Every Woman’s Quick & Easy Car Care will revolutionize the way women feel about their cars.”
- Not just for Women, but for anyone who wants to learn
- Everything from Car Seats to Tires
- Troubleshooting details
- HELP sign comes with it
- Index in back
- Copyright 2002
- How to dispose of fluids (0il change)
- Battery size (specific vehicle info)
- Coolants, brake fluid, and power steering fluid (can vary from car to car)
- Finding accessories
WHO IT IS FOR
Women, men, teens, new drivers, older folks. Anyone who wishes to learn more about their vehicle and how to take better care of it (or them – if multiple vehicles)
Learn in detail about what car seats are good for which kids, how to properly install them, tires and how to read it, how to put air in, what the different signs of tire wear mean, batteries, the electrical system, the fuel system, tune-ups, checking dipsticks, troubleshooting and more!
The pictures and descriptions of how an engine works is detailed and explicit. You’ll also find pictures and details on the electrical system, fuel system, drive train and more.
Appendix – Vehicle Specifications Record, Weekly Maintenance Checks, Monthly Maintenance Checks, Vehicle Tune Up (Service Guide), Collision Report Forms, Unoccupied Vehicle Collision Report Form, Leaving vehicle to get gas or other form, HELP sign, and Index.
New from $28.72, Used from $.96
This is the book I will be using for my Hands-On Automotive Basics class. It’s one of the best books I have ever read on the things that folks should know about taking better care of their vehicles. This book contains illustrations of engines and other parts, detailed descriptions of how they work and what it takes to maintain them. This book is for everyone who wants to learn, not just women.
The book is inexpensive to buy, it’s loaded with all kinds of beneficial information on taking care of a vehicle, knowing how it works, and what you can do to troubleshoot, prevent or solve a problem with your vehicle(s).
Did you find this review to be informative? Did it leave you with more questions? Feel free to post a comment or a question below. Thanks!